Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The KCU Libraries offers a wide variety of classes designed to assist users in developing skills in research, information management, and using specific library resources.
Classes and individual sessions can be scheduled by contacting:
- Abbey Griffith at the D'Angelo Library (Kansas City Campus)
- Bonnie Turner at the Dawson Library (Joplin Campus)
Classes We Offer
- Library Medical Informatics (OMSI) – This is designed as a general information class and introduction to the library for first-year students.
- Database Refresher Class (OMSII) – This is required for students prior to beginning their first clinical clerkship year.
- Bioethics Introduction to Library Resources
- College of Biosciences Introduction to Library Resources and Research
- Anatomy Fellows Research Class
- OMT Fellows Research Specific Class
- New Faculty Orientation to Library Resources
- Introduction to PubMed
- Introduction to Research
- What’s New in Library Resources
- Ovid and PubMed Tips for Research
- Where to Publish My Article? Impact Factors and How to Find Them
- Medical Statistics Resources
- Utilizing Library Resources (designed for faculty/staff)
- E-Portfolios in Medical Education (designed for faculty/staff)
- Database Specific Classes
Clinical Key Tutorials
A library of tutorial videos created by ClinicalKey that offer overviews of the database, as well as specific tools and techniques.
A video tutorial that demonstrates how to search DynaMed and provides an overview of the interface features.
Ovid Demos and Tutorials
Tutorials and short demos offering brief, step-by-step overviews of the features and functionality of the Ovid platform.
PubMed Online Training
Brief tutorials (in text, audio, or video format) on specific PubMed topics covering everything from simple search techniques to complex features.
Tutorials (in text or video format) divided into chapters which allow you to skip around to the parts that interest you.
UpToDate Tutorial and Demo
Video demos (available in multiple languages) showing you how to access and use the features of UpToDate.