Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Current status of KCU Library Services
Updated: August 31, 2020
The Library will follow university policies through the COVID-19 outbreak and communicate any changes in our services.
- Currently, both the D’Angelo and Dawson Libraries are CLOSED due to campus closures. The Library will follow the university campus phased reopening in regards to our physical locations. A timeline for the reopening is to be determined.
- All books and library materials that are checked out have been renewed to September 30, 2020. Materials on hold will be kept on hold until the Library reopens.
- Items originally due in February, March, and April were extended to September 30, 2020.
CHECKING OUT LIBRARY BOOKS – ALL STUDENTS/FACULTY/STAFF
Beginning July 16, 2020
- Search the library catalog and find book(s) to check out. (Make sure your book(s) is “available” at your preferred campus location.
- If item is listed as "KCU Reserves" or "KCU Joplin Reserves" and is not available as an eBook, the book is available for checkout for one business day. (We will allow one business day to pick up the book.)
- All Reserve books may be renewed once if the book has not been requested by another student.
- Email the KC library at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Joplin library at email@example.com with this information:
- Title of book(s), call #
- Date when you need the book(s)
- Your name and your campus (KC or JOP)
- You will receive an email from the KC or Joplin campus library that your book(s) is available for pickup (typically 1-2 business days)
PICKING UP OR RETURNING LIBRARY BOOKS/JOURNALS
After receiving a confirmation email that books are ready for pickup (hours 8am-8pm, daily), please proceed by . . .
- Enter the campus at entrance on Missouri Ave. and stop at the security vehicle parked at that location. Notify the guard of your library destination. (You are required to maintain physical distancing from the security vehicle/guard.)
- No screening process will be necessary as you will maintain physical distancing and only enter the outer entry door of the library.
- Once you have spoken with security, the guard will notify the dispatcher to unlock the outer library vestibule door. You may enter the library vestibule to pick up (or return) library materials.
- Books to be picked up will be placed on a table, labeled with your name.
- Books to be returned should be dropped into the “book drop” on the left side of the vestibule entry area. (The book drop pushes in, so there is no need to touch it.)
- Please utilize the handicap door buttons as you enter and exit the vestibule, rather than using the door handles.
- The second set of entry doors, within the vestibule, will remain locked and you cannot enter the rest of the building.
Pick Up Instructions:
After receiving a confirmation email that books are ready for pickup (Hours 8am-8pm, daily), please proceed by . . .
- Contact the Joplin campus security office at 417-208-0800, 30 minutes prior to estimated time of arrival on campus.
- Packaged book(s), labeled with your name, will be placed inside the security truck parked at the campus front entry (north side) after you call the security office.
- When you arrive on campus, pick up your library package from the security truck parked at the campus front entry.
Book Return Instructions:
- Please return all library materials using the library “drop slot” on the east side of the building located next to the library’s emergency exit door.
- It is not necessary (at this time) to contact security prior to drop off. However, please proceed directly from your vehicle to the drop slot and back to your vehicle.